Table of Contents
date – display or set date and time
] [ [[[[<cc>
date [ -u ] -c
date [ -f ] -c initialize
displays the current date and time of the system clock when invoked without arguments.
When invoked with an argument, date sets the current date and time of the system clock; the argument for setting the date and time is interpreted as follows:
- First 2 digits of the year (e.g., 19 for 1999).
- Next 2 digits of year (e.g., 99 for 1999).
- Numeric month. A number from 01 to 12.
- Day, a number from 01 to 31.
- Hour, a number from 00 to 23.
- Minutes, a number from 00 to 59.
- Seconds, a number from 00 to 59.
If the first 2 digits of the year are omitted, and the 2nd 2 digits are > 68, a date in the 1900s is used, otherwise a date in the 2000s will be assumed. If all 4 digits of the year are omitted, they default to the current year. If the month or day are omitted, they default to the current month and day, respectively. If the seconds are omitted, they default to 0.
Time changes for Daylight Saving and Standard time, and for leap seconds and years, are handled automatically.
- Display or set the date in GMT (universal time) instead of local time.
- Display or set the date and time for the compliance clock instead of the system clock. This option may be used only if one has installed a SnapLock Compliance or SnapLock Enterprise license.
Setting the compliance clock is indicated by -c initialize
. This will initialize the compliance clock to the current value of the system clock. Care should taken that to ensure that the system clock is appropriately set before running -c initialize
because the compliance clock may only be set once; there is no mechanism for resetting the compliance clock.
- Suppress the interactive confirmations that occur when using -c initialize.
You cannot use the date
command in partner mode to set the date on the failed filer.
To set the current time to 21:00:
To set the current time to 21:00, and the current day to the 6th of the current month:
To set the current time to 21:00, and the current day to December 6th of the current year:
To set the current time to 21:00, and the current day to December 6th, 1999:
To set the current time to 21:00, and the current day to December 6th, 2002:
partner , rdate , timezone
Table of Contents
Read more... (477 words, estimated 1:54 mins reading time)
7-mode Manual Pages